You must try some of the most authentic local food and fare when you’re in Dubai. The best Arabic restaurants in Dubai pay homage to local cuisine and embrace the culture of the land.
Local food is commonly referred to as Emirati Cuisine, served in many fine dining establishments and street vendors. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks, and coffees are local delicacies.
The 3 Best Arabic Restaurants in Dubai for Breakfast
- Al Khayma Heritage House
- Arabian Tea House Restaurant & Cafe – Al Fahidi
- Al Fanar Restaurant And Cafe
1. Al Khayma Heritage House
Located in the Al Fahidi district, the Al Khayma Heritage House restaurant is the perfect place to sample traditional Emirati cuisine. As its name suggests, this restaurant is an ideal place to visit if you want to get a taste of Emirati culture and heritage while enjoying traditional recipes.
Whether you decide to go for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, you will enjoy delicious food in the conventional Dubai home setting.
- Breakfast Favorite (Emirati or Arabian Breakfast Tray): Platters of traditional Emirati or Arabian breakfast items with tea. Portions are large and perfect for sharing.
- Phone Number: +971 55 180 2080
- Address: Al Fahidi Historical District Building 54 & 55, Dubai 118131, United Arab Emirates
- Hours: 9:00 AM – 10:00 PM
2. Arabian Tea House Restaurant & Cafe – Al Fahidi
The Arabian Tea House is a peaceful spot that offers authentic Arabic breakfasts and tea fare. It’s one of the highest-rated places to eat in Dubai, and if you choose to stop by, you won’t be disappointed.
The Arabian tea house has been around for 25 years, and it has become a well-established and renowned spot that preserves old-timey Arabic traditions and food. The atmosphere in this place is breathtaking, and the food doesn’t fall short of its perfect scenery.
Dubai Tourism lists the Arabian Tea House as a cultural reference point, and it has had many famous guests, such as Michelin-starred chef Geoffrey Zakarian and Martha Stewart.
- Breakfast Favorite (Emirati Breakfast): Soft scrambled eggs, marinated eggplant, black olives, feta cheese, and labneh served on a giant silver platter.
- Phone Number: +971 4 353 5071
- Address: Al Fahidi Street Bur Dubai, Bastakiya، Opposite Musalla Post Office, Dubai United Arab Emirates
- Hours: 7:30 AM – 11:00 PM
3. Al Fanar Restaurant And Cafe
Al Fanar revives the Emirati ambiance from the 1960s with well-maintained decor that takes you back in time.
Al Fanar isn’t just a great place to grab some food. It’s also a museum that houses reminders of Dubai’s recent past as a small city and trading hub. Its mission is to preserve traditional Emirati culture, protecting the recipes, artifacts, and cooking techniques that originated in the area.
They serve food in traditional Arabic dishware presenting an authentic Emirati experience. The outdoor dining option allows you to enjoy the laser show and dancing fountain view.
Al Fanar features popular Arabic cuisine. Their menu features family recipes from local women, neighbors, and the owners’ family knowledge to showcase the most genuine taste of Dubai.
- Breakfast Favorite (Balaleet): Balaleet is a favorite Emirate breakfast dish. It is a sweet and salty favorite. The vermicelli is sweetened with rose water, cinnamon and saffron and is served with an egg omelet on top.
- Phone Number: +971 4 232 9966
- Address: Canal Walk Dubai Festival City Mall, Dubai 21994, United Arab Emirates
- Hours: 8:30 AM – 11:30 PM
The 3 Best Arabic Restaurants in Dubai for Lunch
- Aroos Damascus
1. Aroos Damascus
Spanning an entire block, Aroos Damascus is one of the largest restaurants in Dubai. Aroos Damascus has mastered creating the best Arabic restaurants in Dubai that serve authentic Syrian cuisine.
Here’s a YouTube video about Iftar Dinner (Aroos Damascus Restaurant):
The Aroos Damascus Deira Dubai menu is everything you expect from an authentic Syrian restaurant and at a great value. The traditional flavors of Syria make Aroos Damascus among the best Arabic restaurants in the area.
- Lunch Favorite: Shawarma is meat sliced thinly, like chicken, beef, goat, lamb, or turkey, rolled into a piece of flatbread that has been steamed or heated. Extras like hummus, tahini, pickles, vegetables, and even french fries are added inside the pita.
- Phone Number: +971 4 221 3673
- Address: Ground Floor, Green Palace Hotel – Al Muraqqabat Road – Dubai
- Hours: 7:00 AM – 4:00 AM
Loumi is an Arabic-influenced all-day-dining restaurant offering an array of mouthwatering Arabic, local and International dishes with live cooking stations, plus a large assortment of desserts and drinks. They are open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner buffet, so you’ll surely get variety and plenty of food here. It’s a perfect place to gather with friends and family.
- Lunch Favorite (Live cooking stations): Unbelievable live cooking stations featuring authentic Arabic cuisine will delight and fill your tummy. There are too many changing options to list, including desserts, meat dishes, and veggies.
- Phone Number: +971 4 702 8888
- Address: Airport Road, Casablanca Street, Al Garhoud, PO Box 13018 Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Hours: 9:30 AM – 11:30 PM
Maraheb Restaurant has earned a loyal following of fans in Dubai who are mad about its mandi, a spice-infused dish of meat and rice cooked in an underground pit. As a staple among the locals, you’re sure to get a traditional taste of Dubai here.
Maraheb is often crowded, so it is best to book in advance if you plan a family or group gathering.
- Lunch Favorite: Chicken Zurbian is a special occasion rice dish most commonly served at weddings and special events. You will rave about the authentic flavor of Chicken Zurbian.
- Phone Number: +971 4 346 9996
- Address: 65 18d Street Al Safa 2, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Hours: 9:00 AM – 11:00 PM
The 3 Best Arabic Restaurants in Dubai for Dinner
- Siraj Restaurant
- The Farm Restaurant, Al Barari
- Grand Cafe
1. Siraj Restaurant
Siraj Restaurant combines ancient traditions with modern cooking techniques and offers a unique blend of regional flavors with a contemporary surprise. The spice blends and ingredients are local, and jams and pickles are homemade. Choose from a range of authentic Arabic dishes.
- Dinner Favorite: Falafel is a deep-fried ball made from ground chickpeas. At Siraj, they are crispy and crunchy and served on a bed of hummus finished with bites of lettuce, tomatoes, and drizzled with tahini.
- Phone Number: +971 4 513 6207
- Address: Souk Al Bahar – Downtown Dubai – Dubai – United Arab Emirates
- Hours: 12:00 PM – 1:00 AM
2. The Farm Restaurant, Al Barari
Founded in 2012 and set within the green surroundings of Al Barari, The Farm is more than a restaurant. It is a culinary treat and social hub for UAE residents looking to spend quality time enjoying great food with family and friends.
The natural waterside atmosphere makes dining here a tranquil rest from hectic traveling, and the food is simply something else! You will surely enjoy your meal here.
The Farm’s philosophy is simple: serving high-quality, wholesome food the way nature intended, in a relaxed and tranquil setting.
- Dinner Favorite: Grilled Tandoori Chicken Salad topped with mango cherry.
- Phone Number: +971 56 174 1208
- Address: Al Barari – Dubai – United Arab Emirates
- Hours: 7:30 AM – 10:30 PM
3. Grand Cafe
From the beautiful city of Beirut, Lebanon, Grand Cafe brought recipes and traditions inspired by the familial dining style of its homeland to create the menu and atmosphere of the renowned restaurant.
Here’s a YouTube video about Grand Cafe:
The dining experience at Grand Cafe Boulevard is more than ordering and eating a meal. It is a total immersion into rich, appealing tastes, enticing colors, live music, and warm Arabic hospitality.
- Dinner Favorite: Kebab Kashkash is rolled and grilled minced meat with parsley, pepper, garlic, and a spicy tomato sauce.
- Phone Number: +971 50 650 0220
- Address: The Dubai Mall
- Hours: 10:00 AM – 2:30 PM
The 3 Best Arabic Restaurants in Dubai for Dessert
- Graffiti Kunafa
- Al Baba Sweets
1. Graffiti Kunafa
As the name implies, Graffiti Kunafa is a non-traditional shop offering various Kunafa options. The casual setting is very welcoming.
- Dessert Favorite: Kunafa is a traditional Middle Eastern dessert of spun pastry soaked in a sugar-based sauce called attar. The fluffy dough is usually layered with cheese, clotted cream, pistachio, or nuts.
- Phone Number: +971 4 333 3285
- Address: 523 Jumeirah St – Jumeirah – Jumeirah 3 – Dubai – United Arab Emirates
- Hours: 11:00 AM – 1:00 AM
Located in downtown Dubai, HuqqA has a breathtaking view of Burj Halifa and the Dubai Fountain. When you get there, they fill your table with small starters, including fresh honey, dates, dried fruits, milk jam, cheeses, veggie muhammara, sauteed spinach, eggplant salad, and toasted bread. That’s just the starters, so go hungry and ready for a feast.
- Dessert Favorite (Mykonos Scallops): Despite the name of this dish, there’s no seafood in this dessert. It includes crispy dough cases filled with rich princess cream and dark chocolate brownies. This enormous dessert is then topped with ice cream, fruit, and caramel sauce (serves several people).
- Phone Number: +971 800 48772
- Address: Unit TF – 005 – Financial Center Rd – Downtown Dubai – Dubai – United Arab Emirates
- Hours: 10:00 AM – 1:00 AM
3. Al Baba Sweets
This sweet shop opened its first location in 1950, offering traditional homemade sweets to the locals. Currently, seven sites offer innovative Arabic desserts and sweets. This little pop-in sweet shop has only a few tables for eat-in seating.
- Dessert Favorite (Basbousa): Basbousa is small squares covered in semolina and pastry. Some of my favorite flavors are coconut and saffron. These tiny cakes are similar to vanilla cakes – buttery, spongy, and sweet.
- Phone Number: +971 4 394 4260
- Address: 829 Al Wasl Rd – Al Safa – Al Safa 2 – Dubai – United Arab Emirates
- Hours: 8:00 AM – 10:00 PM
The 3 Best Arabic Restaurants in Dubai for Beverages
- Cafe Bateel
- Al Halab
- Al Maeda
1. Cafe Bateel
Cafe Bateel is an innovative establishment known for its food and beverages. Cafe Bateel primarily uses ancient Umbrian recipes, so you’ll get to try some tried-and-true recipes that make the foundation for Emirati cooking. Cafe Bateel combines its exquisite menu with traditional Arabic hospitality for a pleasant dining experience. Enjoy the beautiful views while visiting.
- Favorite Beverage (Gahwa): Better known as a welcome drink in the UAE, Gahwa, or Arabic coffee, is a staple in most local households. Gahwa is brewed in a beautiful coffee pot called “dallah” and is served in small cups.
- Phone Number: +971 4 339 9716
- Address: Unit 119 – Financial Center Rd – Downtown Dubai – Dubai – United Arab Emirates
- Hours: 8:00 AM – 12:00 AM
2. Al Halab
Al Halab had its early beginning in 1881 in one of the most historic towns of Lebanon, Tripoli. It originated as a tiny family bakeshop that welcomed all aristocrats, artists, and cultured individuals to enjoy the most mouth-watering sweets and heartwarming hospitality.
Today, it has several locations and is a full-service fine-dining establishment.
- Favorite Beverage: Laban is a salty yogurt-based drink, and it is a favorite of kids and adults. Laban is a satisfying, cool drink, perfect for hot summers in Dubai. Laban keeps the body cool, boosts the immune system, and has plenty of calcium, proteins, and vitamins.
- Phone Number: +971 4 330 8828
- Address: The Dubai Mall – Second floor – Dubai – United Arab Emirates
- Hours: 12:00 PM – 12:00 AM
3. Al Maeda
Al Maeda is an Arabic cuisine restaurant that provides traditions elegantly blended with glamor in style and food. Enjoy this fresh and modern experience created for people of all lifestyles and occasions. The restaurant offers a full-service bar and an outdoor terrace with a breathtaking sea view.
- Beverage Favorite: Carob, also known as Kharoub, is a traditional drink. It has a savory taste and sweet smell and offers many health benefits boosting the immune system, treating stomach ulcers, and as a cough suppressant.
- Phone Number: +971 55 166 8092
- Address: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dubai – Jumeirah Beach
- Hours: 6:00 PM – 1:00 AM