Dubai is one of the premier cities in the world to feast on Moroccan cuisines. The food is a gathering of cultures, taking the best from each, spinning them together to produce tantalizing dishes for all the senses.
The food is so fragrant you are savoring a meal before the first bite reaches your tongue. Hungry? Read on for the best Moroccan restaurants in Dubai.
1. Tagine Moroccan Restaurant
Tagine knows how to do ambiance. It evokes Old World Middle Eastern charm, of dusky golden walls, private alcoves, artful lanterns, plush cushions, and thick woven rugs. In the modern era of open-plan dining, guests are tucked away into semi-private nooks, creating an intimate and warm experience. The live music provides a pleasant backdrop without overpowering conversation.
Yes, Tagine offers couscous, succulent kebabs, mouthwatering tagines, and much more. It isn’t imaginative or cutting-edge cuisine, but what they do, they do well, which is why their guests keep coming back. You can count on their filo pastry having an excellent baked crunch and their tagines to be succulent. The experience as a whole creates an evening to remember.
- Location: The One & Only Royal Mirage
- Trading Hours: 07:00 pm to 12:00 am
- Contact Details: +971-4-399-9999
- Website: Tagine: Moroccan Cuisine Dubai
Asil-Rixos has successfully blended Moroccan, Turkish, and Lebanese cuisine and then given it an innovative modernization. Yet, they stay true to the flavors that make this food world-renowned and steer clear of flashy artistic gimmicks.
The dishes are hearty, memorable, and have you reaching for more. Drizzles of pomegranate molasses liven up a salad, rosemary cordial awakens the tastebuds, and buffalo yogurt adds a unique richness to eggplant.
Their prawns and tomato salad has just the perfect amount of chili flakes, pairing well with the fresh zaatar. Their fresh, raw sea bass is marinated in a mustard yogurt. Finally, their duck kebbeh with the orange zest creates a pleasing complement to the tahini and is worth a try.
Asil-Rixos has divided its venue into moods: a richly decorated dining room with a warm ambiance, a lounge that carries over the dining room’s feel, but for a more intimate experience, the bar for those who want more sound and socializing, and the terrace where you can unwind while looking out at the Jumeirah Beach.
Their stage provides their more social guests with daily, live entertainment, from DJs to musicians. It creates an upbeat vibe without turning it into a sweaty nightclub. Instead, it is a stylish place to enjoy a fantastic cocktail or savor a quality coffee or tea.
- Location: Rixos Premium Dubai, The Walk, Jumeirah Beach Residence
- Trading Hours: 01:00 pm to 01:00 am
- Contact Details: +971-4-520-0000
- Website: Asil | SWOT Hospitality (asilrestaurant.com)
3. Bab Al Mansour
This lovely restaurant is named after Morocco’s monumental imperial gateway, Bab El Monsour. As a tribute to their namesake, they are dedicated to preparing traditional recipes with more than 70 organic ingredients sourced from Morocco.
For your appetizer, try the mixed briouate, where kofta, shrimp, and chicken will be plated with a delicious dipping sauce. Each hot puff will release savory goodness. The tagines are hearty, the grills succulent and well-spiced, but it is their pastillas where they truly shine. Regardless if you pick the chicken or the fish, you will be in for a memorable treat.
Bab El Monsour’s ambiance is bright and airy. The gleaming white walls are set off with gold and teal trims and furnishings. It is a much different vibe from the heavy, antique decors favored by many other establishments. Instead, the high ceilings, and lighter touch, gives off a restorative and refreshing elegance. Perfect for those that don’t want to feel crowded and cramped as they dine.
- Location: Loft East, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Blvd Road, Downtown
- Trading Hours: 10:00 am to 01:00 am
- Contact Details: +971-4-350-9440|+971-55-713-1792
- Website: Bab Al Mansour | Truly Moroccan
4. Ninive Restaurant
Ninive takes outdoor dining to the next level, creating a contemporary urban majlis inside a caravanserai and garden. The original concept was a shisha bar, but like a sandstorm, it quickly morphed into a culinary oasis. There is a romantic tinge to the air as you eat by candlelight at low tables, surrounded by greenery and plump cushions.
But Ninive manages not to slide off into the land of kitsch, which is no easy feat. Nor is their modern take on Moroccan cuisine a clumsy attempt at being innovative. Instead, the chefs take advantage of the expanding influences on the pallet. Just as traditional Moroccan took advantage of all the cultural influences that crossed its region, so does Ninive.
The best way to eat here is to bring lots of friends and each order a different dish and then share it between you. No, Ninive isn’t tapas in disguise. But there is so much to enjoy; it is the only strategy that will prevent you from missing out.
For example, Fattoush salad sounds so simple, but that only means it is easy to mess up – Ninive’s is perfection. For hot starters, it is a tough call between their beef fatayer and the tamarind chicken.
When it comes to mains, a must-try is the lobster tagine, which pushes the traditional to a whole new realm. The other must-have is the Wagyu grade 9 tenderloin that drips in honey, chili, and lemon, which will revolutionize what you thought a kebab could achieve.
It is difficult to find room for dessert but even harder to say no. You’ll have a tough choice between the almond Kunafeh orange and almond sorbet and the Umm Ali, vanilla ice cream.
If the length of this review hasn’t already made it obvious, yes, Ninive is a must-dine.
- Location: Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Trade Centre Area
- Trading Hours: 06:00 pm to 02:00 am
- Contact Details: +971-4-326-6105
- Website: Ninive Jeddah (niniveksa.com)
5. Al Bahou Grand Atrium Restaurant
For a memorable dining experience, visit “The Grand Ball” Al Bahou Restaurant, with its beautiful hall featuring 88 lit handcrafted Moroccan lanterns. These set off the massive stained-glass window and polished floors; the place truly gleams. It feels as if you’re stepping into a whole other world.
The coffee here is fantastic, which is partly why this is a favorite Dubai haunt for brunch. The other reason is that they put on a lavish spread of over 200 dishes, leaving even vegetarians with plenty of delectable choices. If you fear it is all being heated up in a microwave, there is a live cooking station to prove that is not the case.
Despite the grand trappings, this is a family-friendly establishment. They welcome young people so much that occasionally they run specials where those under 6 eat for free.
Al Bahou also puts on one of the best iftars in Dubai. They put on a magnificent spread, with an excellent array of cheese, lamb ouzi, shawarma, saj manakish, and a dizzying rang of hot and cold mezze. Once bellies are full, there are adjacent majlis tents where people can relax and listen to music or participate in a selection of games.
- Location: Sheikh Zayed Rd – Jebel Ali Village
- Trading Hours: 03:00 pm to 12:00 am
- Contact Details: +971 4 444 0000
- Website: Al Bahou Grand Atrium (oakshotels.com)
6. Olea Levantine Restaurant
Olea is a Levantine restaurant that offers a modern contemporary twist on Arabic food, celebrating aromas and ingredients from six nations: Jordan, Lebanon, Southern Turkey, Syria, Cyprus, and Palestine. Thus, it is not authentic Moroccan. However, finding a Levantine restaurant in Dubai is rare, and scarcer still is one that dishes up this level of quality. You cannot miss this gem.
Olea has an open kitchen where guests can watch professional chefs prepare an array of tempting dishes from the “El Homos Beiruti of Lebanon and Nayeh (raw meat) selection of Syria to the Sultan Ibrahim of Cyprus and Soft Kunafa of Palestine.” Orders are made al a carte and made better when you can share dishes with friends. Guests are welcome to eat indoors or on the terrace.
- Location: Kempinski Hotel, The Mall Of The Emirates Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, 120679
- Trading Hours: Monday – Sunday: 06:30 am to 11:00 am (Breakfast) & Monday – Sunday: 7:00 pm to 03:00 am (Dinner)
- Contact Details: +971 4 409 5999
- Website: Olea Restaurant – Levantine Cuisine | Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates
Raia is an exclusive nighttime experience for diners 21 and over. It is at the Taj Exotica Resort and is a rooftop lounge and bar that produces a modern take on Moroccan cuisine. Situated on Palm Jumeriah, there are fantastic views of the beach, Dubai’s skyline, and the resort. Their cocktails and Turkish tea are worth a visit, and, of course, the wonderful food.
Raia has an array of cold and hot starters, including grilled halloumi with pomegranate molasses and quinoa tabbouleh. On the grill, there are the grilled prawns set off with spicy hummus. Then, of course, there is also the chef’s signature Adana kebab.
Raia is simply a pleasure to hang out after a long day. To savor the joy of being in Dubai, enjoy the skyline, and enjoy the outdoors when the temperatures are more comfortable. Even if you are not on holiday, you will feel as if you are at Raia.
- Location: East Crescent Road, Palm Jumeirah
- Trading Hours: 06:00 pm to 03:00 am
- Contact Details: +971-4-275-4444
- Website: RAIA – Best Arabic Restaurant in Dubai | Taj Exotica Resort & Spa The Palm, Dubai (tajhotels.com)
8. ILA Restaurant & Café
ILA Restaurant & Café has a contemporary-chic vibe and serves lighter (mostly healthier) meals. They have a fine array of salads, grills, soups, Honey Cake, and the chef’s choice, the Shuk Shuka. They also understand that visitors might have unadventurous children, thus have a plentiful offering of burgers, sandwiches, pasta, and pizza to keep them satisfied.
ILA Restaurant has partnered with Just Vegan and now offers a new plant-based menu to accommodate all dietary preferences. The vegan meatballs with pomegranate sauce are a great way to begin before moving on to a delicious soup or salad. So, bring your friends and family to ILA Restaurant to hang out for an affordable meal that will make everyone’s tastebuds happy.
- Location: Al Seef St, Bur Dubai, Umm Hurair 1
- Trading Hours: 05:30 pm to 12:30 am
- Contact Details: +971 4 358 5822
- Website: https://www.ilauae.com/
Mejana is one of the many restaurants at the Ajman Saray Resort. It takes inspiration from the Middle East and India to create a fusion of color and spices. The star of this place is their tagine, with the butter chicken a close second. This casual restaurant has courtyard dining is the perfect place to enjoy your Turkish coffee or mocktail and relax.
- Location: Shk Humaid Bin Rashid Al Nuaiemi St Ajman Saray, a Luxury Collection Resort, Ajman 8833
- Trading Hours: 12:00 pm to 03:00 am (closed during Ramadan)
- Contact Details: +971 6 714 2222
10. Al Bal Restaurant
Al Bal is one of TIME Oak Hotel & Suites’ newest restaurants to join their fleet. It is a family-friend and alcohol-free sports bar. It is given a glow-up with Middle Eastern Architectural structure screened with beautiful intricate latticed wood designs. This is paired with large LED screens and projection screens for sports fans. It sounds like a combination that could never work, yet it does.
Thus, the Moroccan culinary fare reflects the casual, laid-back nature of the place. This isn’t fancy, high dining, but the equivalent of an American diner – it tastes good and is reasonably priced.
There are also some delights, such as their fresh juices, including the avocado frappe, made from avocado, milk, honey, and pistachio (I see your skepticism, but that’s just because you haven’t tried it yet). Also, their tea is worth a visit all on its own. Actually, the tea is precisely why some people keep coming back. Yes, the food is good, but the tea is amazing.
- Location: Abdulla Omran Tayram St TIME Oak Hotel & Suites, Al Thanyah 1, Tecom
- Trading Hours: 12:00 pm to 12:00 am
- Contact Details: +971 4 437 7888
- Website: TIME Oak Hotel | Dining (timehotels.com)
11. Moroccan Taste Restaurant
Moroccan Taste Restaurant is the ideal place for people who want to experience the rich legacy of Morocco. They have a variety of delicious meals on their well-curated menus, such as freshly prepared tagines, an array of sweet delicacies, Moroccan doughnuts, and beautifully presented fresh salads.
- Cuisine: Moroccan
- Location: La Plage Building, Opposite Jumeirah Beach Park, Jumeirah 2
- Trading Hours: N/A
- Contact Details: +971-4-385-5480|+971-50-257-8457
12. Al Boughaz Restaurant
Al Boughaz Moroccan Restaurant offers delicious Moroccan cuisine. They are very particular when sourcing their ingredients to deliver tasty and healthy food for their patrons and blend only the finest Morrocan dishes to create authentic mouthwatering dishes.
Their menu includes succulent tagines, various grilled foods, royal couscous, and other signature dishes from Morocco. If an authentic Moroccan taste experience is what you’re after, Al Boughaz will be a perfect choice.
- Cuisine: Moroccan
- Location: Shop 8, Abuhail Building, Hor Al Anz East Park, Street 22 A, Hor Al Anz
- Trading Hours: 06:00 am to 05:30 am
- Contact Details: +971-4-238-8788
13. Layalina Restaurant
The gorgeous Layalina Restaurant is rated as one of the best Moroccan restaurants in the whole of Dubai yet still reasonably priced. It is ideal for an intimate hangout or a social group gathering.
Their skilled chefs prepare delicious Moroccan dishes, including various grills, seafood, freshly prepared cold beverages, and tempting appetizers.
- Cuisine: Moroccan
- Location: Next To The Mattress World, Opposite Dubai International Airport Runway, Al Khabaisi
- Trading Hours: 09:00 am to 3:00 am (Thu to Fri – 09:00 am to 04:00 am)
- Contact Details: +971-4-266-0566
- Website: Moroccan Layalina Restaurant, مطعم ليالينا المغربي
14. Al Wedaya Al Maghribi
Morocco comes to Dubai at Al Wedaya Al Maghribi Restaurant. They offer Moroccan dishes at reasonable prices, such as vegetable or meat tagines, baghrer, smoked meats, beautifully prepared breakfasts, Moroccan bread, and more.
We recommend paying Al Wedaya Al Maghribi a well-deserved visit based on outstanding customer reviews and ratings!
- Cuisine: Moroccan
- Location: Sheikha Fatima Building, Opposite Fatima Mosque, Hor Al Anz
- Trading Hours: 04:00 pm to 03:00 am
- Contact Details: +971-4-266-6628
- Website: Al Wedayah Al Maghribi in Dubai | Restaurant Reviews | Time Out Dubai
15. Hayat Casablanca Moroccan Restaurant
Hayat Casablanca Restaurant is set in Al Rigga and offers traditional Moroccan flavors for a Moroccan aesthetic experience.
Their mouthwatering menu includes tagines prepared with fresh fruits and vegetables, shisha, various grilled foods, and much more! Hayat Casablanca provides live entertainment and music to emphasize the Moroccan theme while you dine.
- Cuisine: Moroccan
- Location: Floor M, Carlton Palace Dubai, Al Maktoum Street, Al Rigga
- Trading Hours: 07:00 pm to 03:00 am
- Contact Details: +971-50-420-7278| +971-50-393-2728
16. Marakesh Restaurant
Of all the restaurants on our list, Marakesh Restaurant has the lowest prices. However, don’t let that make you wonder about the quality of the food. Marakesh has received great reviews from patrons worldwide thanks to its aesthetic Moroccan vibe.
They serve a myriad of delicious dishes such as barbequed delights, pastilla chicken, harrirah soup, and traditional Moroccan raib and tea. For a Moroccan feast that won’t cost you an arm and a leg, visit Marakesh Restaurant in Dubai.
- Cuisine: Moroccan
- Location: Near The Labour Office, Street 26A, Hor Al Anz
- Trading Hours: 06:00 am to 01:00 am
- Contact Details: +971-4-265-4110
17. Kif Kif Moroccan Restaurant
Kif Kif is a beautiful Moroccan Restaurant with a warm, ambient atmosphere. They are vegetarian-friendly, Halal, and offer various vegan options. The food has been described as healthy, authentic, and homely, and if you enjoy proper Moroccan tagine and couscous, this is the place to be!
Their slow-cooked meat and authentic Moroccan spices keep its patrons coming back for more. For a truly magical Moroccan taste experience, visit Kif Kif the next time you are in town.
- Cuisine: Moroccan
- Location: Jumeirah Beach Road Jannah Place Marina Hotel
- Trading Hours: 12:00 am to 11:59 pm
- Contact Details: +971 55 931 9557
- Website: KIF KIF Dubai – Home | Facebook
Mogador is another Moroccan gem situated in the lovely city of Dubai and has a stunning Marina front location. They offer authentic Moroccan dishes such as tabbouleh, flatbread, hummus, tagine, and more!
Their main courses have been said to be amongst the best in town, and they are reasonably priced, allowing a family of (2 adults and two children) to dine for only AED 400. Their portions are large, their meat is grilled to perfection, and their Moroccan spice combinations are out of this world delicious!
- Cuisine: Moroccan
- Location: Marina Walk, Trident Marina Boulevard
- Trading Hours: N/A
- Contact Details: +971 4 450 8520
- Website: Mogador Restaurant – Home | Facebook