While Dubai may conjure up images of hot, sweeping desert sands, it’s also known for its vast coastline. Consequently, it’s no surprise that Dubai has some of the best fish restaurants in the world, with an enormous variety of seafood cuisines for residents and tourists to enjoy!
Let’s highlight fifteen of the best fish restaurants Dubai has to offer in greater detail below:
Situated across from the Burj Al Arab and elevated above open waters, head chef Beatrice Segoni has done a fantastic job of transferring her fashion and artistic skills to fine dining to create experiences customers won’t soon forget!
Pierchic places sustainability and freshness front and center of its business model, resulting in an award-winning restaurant with numerous highlights, including expertly crafted truffle and tasting menus.
- Address: Madinat Jumeriah
- Opening hours: 1 pm – 2:30 pm/6:30 pm – 10 pm (Sunday to Thursday) and 1 pm – 2:30 pm/6:30 pm – 10:30 pm (Friday and Saturday)
- Website: https://www.jumeirah.com/en/dine/dubai/al-qasr-pierchic
- Phone number: +971 4 432 3232
2. The Maine Oyster Bar And Grill
As the name implies, The Maine Oyster Bar and Grill is best known for its raw bar and world-class oysters, all of which are sustainably sourced for maximum freshness.
Founder Joey Ghazal attributes The Maine Oyster Bar and Grill’s success to authentic dining and quality rather than trying to capitalize on pretentious trends. The strategy seems to have paid off, as The Maine Oyster Bar and Grill is the holder of various awards, including:
- What’s On Magazine’s Best Newcomer in 2016,
- BBC Good Food’s Best Seafood, and
- TimeOut’s Best Restaurant Bar.
Along with a wide oyster and drinks selection, The Maine Oyster Bar and Grill also pays homage to its laid-back New England-inspired themes with a retro-vintage feel and casual dining options like fish tacos and lobster rolls.
- Address: Ground Floor, The Double Tree by Hilton
- Opening hours: 12 am -1 am every day
- Website: https://themaineoysterbar.com/reservations
- Phone number: +971 4 457 6719
One of the most unique restaurants globally, Ossiano provides diners with an unforgettable dining experience, as Ossiano is a fully submerged underwater bar and restaurant!
Located at Atlantis, the Palm, Ossiano is flanked on all sides by large glass panels, giving customers stunning views of the Ambassador Lagoon, which holds more than 65 000 fish and aquatic life!
To complement its ethereal settings and luxurious location, the menu is carefully crafted from fresh and exotic seafood items, including oysters, Alaskan king crab, rainbow trout and caviar, razor clams, Hokkaido scallops, lobster, and black cod.
- Address: Crescent Rd, The Palm Jumeirah
- Opening hours: 6 pm – 12 am every day
- Website: https://www.atlantis.com/dubai/restaurants/ossiano
- Phone number: +971 4 426 2626
Located on Bluewater Island, Alici allows residents and visitors to visit an authentic Southern Italian restaurant without even having to leave the Middle East! Alici’s commitment to Southern Italy lies not only with its menu but also in the décor and vibe of the restaurant.
Examples of Alici’s Southern Italian flair include:
- Lucio Liguori ceramics,
- Gio Ponti tiling,
- Panizza 1879 hat merchandise,
- Riccio Caprese, Steffen Jünemann, and Regal Paolo Sandulli artwork,
- The Mastroberardino wine selection,
Menu highlights include various authentic Italian dishes, both with regard to seafood and traditional dishes like pasta and desserts.
- Address: Bluewater Island
- Opening hours: 12 pm – 4 pm/7 pm – 11:30 pm every day
- Website: http://alici.com/
- Phone number: +971 4 275 2577
Headed by executive Chef Marco Garfagnini, Rockfish incorporates Mediterranean and Italian cuisine, focusing on infusing flavors to bring life and freshness to various seafood dishes.
Situated in Jumeirah Al Naseem and providing some of the best views of the Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, Rockfish is a world-class seafood restaurant and destination to enjoy raw dishes, fresh fish, tuna tartare with crispy saffron rice to start, or slow-cooked line fish, any time of the day.
- Address: Jumeirah Al Naseem, Madinat Jumeirah, King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud Street, Umm Suqeim 3
- Opening hours: 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm/6 pm – 10:30 pm (Monday to Thursday), 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm/6 pm – 11 pm (Friday), 1 pm – 11 pm (Saturday), and 12:30 pm – 10:30 pm (Sunday)
- Website: https://www.jumeirah.com/en/dine/dubai/rockfish
- Phone number: +971 4 432 3232
6. Ibn AlBahr
Shifting our focus away from southern Italy and the Mediterranean, we have Ibn AlBahr, an authentic Lebanese dining experience along the shores of Dubai at Palm Jumeriah.
While Ibn AlBahr makes a lofty claim of having the best seafood in Dubai, there’s no doubting that it is home to some of the freshest fish in Dubai. The reason is that Ibn AlBahr employs its own fishermen, which catch and source fish daily for customers.
These fresh fish are caught and priced per kilo, giving customers a wide selection of fresh fish at affordable prices for the whole family! Outside of Ibn AlBahr’s fresh fish selection, menu highlights include cuttlefish in ink, spicy octopus, and authentic Lebanese side plates/dishes like hummus and mezze.
- Address: Club Vista Mare, Palm Jumeriah
- Opening hours: 8 am – 12 am every day
- Website: https://www.ibnalbahr.me/
- Phone number: +971 4 553 9575
Surrounded by the sparkling pool of Sofitel The Palm and housed in a pagoda-style building with floor-to-ceiling windows, Moana is a pan-Asian seafood restaurant that infuses various cooking styles from India, Singapore, Japan, Thailand, and even Peru.
Although this eclectic mix may sound unappealing or overwhelming, Moana’s carefully crafted menu, expert chefs, and tranquil setting make it a must-visit for fans of seafood and Asian cuisine.
Menu highlights include a live sushi bar (with all-you-can-eat sushi on Tuesdays), street truck ceviche, Hokkaido scallops tiradito, salmon criollo, and grilled chicken anticucho.
- Address: The Palm Jumeirah East, Crescent Rd
- Opening hours: 12:30 pm – 3 pm/6:30 pm – 11 pm every day
- Website: https://www.sofitel-dubai-thepalm.com/restaurants/moana-seafood-restaurant/
- Phone number: +971 4 455 5656
8. Seagrill Bistro
Located in the five-star Palm Jumeirah resort, Seagrill Bistro is a chic, Mediterranean-inspired seafood restaurant that offers sweeping views of Fairmont, The Palm’s private beachfront, and Dubai Marina.
Headed by Chef Anup Pawar and known for its floor-to-ceiling windows, white stenciled walls, bamboo pillars, artistic chandelier, bright, soft furnishings, and vibrant atmosphere, the Seagrill Bistro is a popular hangout for residents and visitors alike!
Menu highlights include various seafood platters, marinated tuna, lobster spaghetti, seafood risotto, and decadent Italian-inspired desserts.
- Address: Palm Jumeirah, The Palm Jumeirah
- Opening hours: 12:30 pm – 11 pm every day
- Website: https://www.fairmont.com/palm-dubai/dining/seagrill-bistro/
- Phone number: +971 4 457 3457
As the name implies, Cast prides itself on providing fresh and sustainably caught fish for its customers. Although Cast may not have the specific theming and specific cuisine philosophy of this list, it makes up for it with quality seafood across all styling and price tags.
Some menu highlights of Case include freshly rolled sushi rolls, soft-shelled crab, locally caught line fish, and crispy caviar potatoes.
- Address: Building API 1000, Al Thanya St, Umm Al Sheif
- Opening hours: 12:30 pm – 11 pm (Sunday to Thursday) and 12:30 pm – 12 am
- Website: https://order.chatfood.io/cast-seafood-restaurant?channel=google&
- Phone number: +971 4 380 1881
10. Hook And Cook
With a name like Hook and Cook, it’s no surprise that this quaint seafood restaurant ignores the super modern trends and design of other restaurants on this list in favor of more classic nautical theming.
Consequently, Hook and Cook at the Pointe feature traditional nautical blues and whites, shipping ropes aplenty, and candles balancing in jars of sands and shells. Therefore this pleasant spot is perfect for the whole family!
However, don’t let the basic décor fool you; Hook and Cook are known for excellent food and a wide variety of dishes, including seafood pasta, freshly fried line fish, chili crab, salmon en croute, and grilled fish tacos.
- Address: The Pointe, Palm Jumeira, FA23
- Opening hours: 11:30 am – 1 am (Friday to Sunday), and 11:30 am – 12 am (Monday to Thursday)
- Website: https://hookncook.ae/
- Phone number: +971 4 244 3214
Translated as “tide” in Italian, Marea is an Italian-New York-inspired seafood restaurant looking to make waves at the world-class International Financial Center.
Although the unique blend of Italian-New York cuisine often conjures up images of pizza joints and small family restaurants, Marea bucks this trend as a globe-trotting, Michelin star brand that is serious about presenting this unique fusion to the world through superb food and service.
Led by chefs Kauren Desteno and Yunus Emre Aydin, Marea, the duo head up a team that produces menu highlights like caviar platters, grilled octopus antipasti, sea bass tartare, grilled lobster, and seafood cappellacci.
Marea also offers diners a state-of-the-art cocktail lounge and private dining options for those patrons that are serious about luxury entertaining!
- Address: DIFC-Gate, Village 7
- Opening hours: 12 pm – 4 pm/7 pm – 1 am every day
- Website: https://www.marearestaurant.com/dubai
- Phone number: +971 4 583 6366
12. Long Teng
Situated in the U-Bora Towers of Business Bay, it may be surprising that this distinctly corporate space hosts one of Dubai’s best and most unique seafood restaurants! Therefore, while a hidden gem among tourists, Long Teng has become a popular hangout among Dubai residents!
While its location may be unassuming, the restaurant itself has excellent service and strikes a unique blend between feeling homey and inclusive while also sporting luxury features across its multi-floor open space.
Long Teng is also equipped with an aquarium and lounge where you can sit back and relax with some Chinese tea or alcoholic drink while you wait to be seated or just want to relax and take in the sights of the surrounding Business Bay.
As the name implies, Long Teng prides itself on authentic Chinese food and traditional seafood styling, resulting in a unique and authentic experience for fans of Asian cuisine. Menu highlights include Australian lobster, king crab, razor clam, sweet and sour king prawns, and steamed Chinese date cakes.
- Address: Ground Floor, U-Bora Towers, Building # 3, Al Abraj Street, Business Bay
- Opening hours: 12 pm – 12 am (Sunday to Friday), and 11:30 am – 12 am (Saturday)
- Website: https://www.reserveout.com/dubai-en/long-tong-seafood-restaurant-business-bay/menu
- Phone number: +971 4 241 1666
There’s nothing more quintessentially British than a hearty portion of fish and chips; fortunately, Geales brings the authenticity of food truck fish and chips off Brighton Pier directly to the sweeping sands of Dubai!
While Geales places its fish and chip dishes front and center with a selection of cod, hamour, and haddock, it also has an extensive al la carte menu featuring prawn cocktails, lobster bisque, the Tower of London platter, and various British side dishes like mushy peas.
Finally, Geales hosts special events like Mussels Monday for the whole family to enjoy food specialties at excellent rates!
- Address: Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa, Al Mamsha St
- Opening hours: 1 pm – 11:30 pm every day
- Website: https://www.geales-dubai.com/
- Phone number: +971 4 316 5550
14. Crab Market
As the name implies, and per its world-class location, the Crab Market is one of the best restaurants in Dubai for shellfish lovers!
Although the Crab Market promotes sustainable fishing and locally sourced goods, it also has a wide variety of fresh seafood from international waters, a particular highlight being Kamchatka Crab from Russia (this should come as no surprise given that the Crab Market is a collaboration between the Bulldozer Group and the White Rabbit Family of Russia.)
Other menu highlights include an extensive raw bar, oysters Rockefeller, carb Catalan, seafood tom yum, grilled octopus, black cod, and pavlova with blueberry jam.
Address: 15 Level, Emirates Financial Towers, Trade Centre, DIFC
- Opening hours: 7 pm – 4am every day
- Website: http://crabmarket.com/menu/
- Phone number: +971 4 564 5525
15. Nobu Dubai
Finally, we have Nobu Dubai. As the name implies, Nobu Dubai is a branch of the Nobu chain of restaurants (with over 50 locations globally!)
However, despite its status as a franchise, each Nobu restaurant focuses on providing quality sushi/seafood, freshly sourced and prepared in-house by expert chefs.
Consequently, Nobu Dubai claims to have the best Japanese food in the city, with menu highlights like an extensive sushi range/raw bar, yellowtail tartare with caviar, sashimi salad with Matsuhisa dressing, omakase tasting trays, seafood toban yaki, and green tea chocolate tart.
- Address: Ground Level, The Avenues, Atlantis
- Opening hours: 6 pm – 11 pm (Sunday to Friday) and 12 pm – 3 pm/6 pm – 11 pm (Saturday)
- Website: https://www.noburestaurants.com/dubai
- Phone number: +971 4 426 2626